Composers' Forum concert, 1962 February 17
Composers' Forum concert, 1962 February 17
This item is accessible in the reading room of the Gabe M. Wiener Music & Arts Library. Please make arrangements in advance of your visit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online access to this material is restricted to the Columbia University community and is made available as a temporary emergency measure during the COVID-19 health crisis. Use of this material may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the materials is solely responsible for assessing whether the material is copyright protected, whether their intended uses are fair or whether permission is required for their uses from the copyright owner. For more information about copyright, fair use and permissions, refer to Columbia University Library’s Copyright Advisory Services at https://copyright.columbia.edu.
Columbia University affiliates may log on for access to this content here.
- Raimondi, Matthew (Instrumentalist), Mills, Fred, 1935-2009 (Instrumentalist), LaPorta, John (Instrumentalist), Levine, Julius (Instrumentalist), Schur, Maxim, 1907-1974 (Instrumentalist), Strum, Margaret (Instrumentalist), Kalish, Gilbert (Instrumentalist), Levi, Nannette, 1926-2007 (Instrumentalist), Harry, William (Instrumentalist), Hartman, Lynne (Instrumentalist), Richter, Clifford (Instrumentalist), Neuman, Herman (Commentator), Wigglesworth, Frank, 1918-1996 (Commentator), Hanson, Howard, 1896-1981 (Conductor), Stearns, Peter Pindar, Illosovay, Elsor von, 1937-, Sutcliffe, James Helme, Ravina String Quartet (Instrumentalist), Eastman-Rochester Symphony Orchestra (Instrumentalist), Composers Forum Concerts Collection
- Composers' Forum concert, 1962 February 17
- Collection Name:
- Composers Forum Concerts Collection.
- Quartets (Saxophone, trumpet, violin, double bass); String quartets; Piano music; Toccatas; Sonatas (Piano); Flute and piano music; Piano trios; Canons, fugues, etc. (String quartet)
- music; sound recordings
- Chamber music; Toccatas; Sonatas; Canons (Music); Live sound recordings
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (2 audio files) : WAV
- Note (Funding):
- Digitization funded by the Association for Recorded Sound Collections
- Concert of instrumental compositions by Peter Pindar Stearns and Elsor von Illosovay, including audience discussion with the composers; moderator, Henry Cowell.The audience discussion listed in the concert program is not included on this recording.Broadcast as part of WNYC's 23rd American Music Festival; includes a brief conversation between Herman Neuman and Frank Wigglesworh about the history and activities of the Composers' Forum.file 02 includes broadcast content that was was not part of this concert, including a performance of James Sutcliffe's Gymnopédie performed by the Eastman-Rochester Orchestra, Howard Hanson, conductor.Elsor von Illosovay is a pseudonym of Robert Moran.Description derived from concert program and audio file; the order of works on the audio file may differ from that given in the concert program.File name: RBML_ComposersForum_19620217_8616056.Digitized by George Blood Audio, Philadelphia, 2011.Service copy (44.1 kHz, 16 bit) of sound file derived from a digital preservation master digitized at 96 kHz, 24 bit.Recorded at the Donnell Library, New York, N.Y
- No linguistic content
- file 01. Chamber set (1959) (Matthew Raimondi, violin ; Fred Mills, trumpet ; John D. La Porta, saxophone ; Julius Levine (double bass) ; Toccata for piano (Maxim Schur, piano) ; String quartet no. 5 (1960) (Ravina String Quartet) ; / Peter Pindar Stearns -- file 02. Conversation between WNYC Music Director, Herman Neuman and Composers' Forum, General Manager, Frank Wigglesworth. Piano sonata (Maxim Schur, piano) ; Structures : for flute and piano (Margaret Strum ; Gilbert Kalish, piano) ; Structures II : for violin, cello and piano) (Nannette Levi, violin ; William Harry, cello ; Gilbert Kalish, piano) ; Canons for string quartet (Nannette Levi, Lynne Hartman, violins ; Clifford Richter, viola ; William Harry, cello) / Elsor von Illosovay
- Library Location:
- Gabe M. Wiener Music & Arts Library, Columbia University
Browse Location’s Digital Content
- Catalog Record:
- Digital Project:
- Time Based Media
- Persistent URL: