Universities and colleges--Finance; Universities and colleges--Endowments; Education, Higher--Finance; Jacksonville (Ill.); Illinois Woman's College
Format
correspondence
Genre
Business correspondence
Date
Between March 12, 1906 and 1970
Physical Description
microfilm, 16 mm, b&w
Note (Reel no.)
Reel 72
Note (Status of gift)
Promised and made
Note
PDF may contain multiple grant documents.
Date based on grant approval.
Note (Historical note)
The school was renamed the Illinois Conference Female College in 1851, with the name changed again to Illinois Female College in 1863 and Illinois Woman's College in 1899. The name was changed to MacMurray College for Women in 1930 to honor James E. M acMurray, who was an Illinois state senator, president of Acme Steel Corporation in Chicago, and college trustee whose commitment led to a substantial increase in the college's facilities and endowment in the late 1920s and 1930s. The institution remained an exclusively women's college until 1955, when the trustees established MacMurray College for Men as a coordinate institution. In 1969, the colleges were reorganized into a single co-educational institution." [SOURCE: "MacMurray College." Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacMurray_College. Accessed 4 Sept. 2018.]