This item is accessible in the reading room of the Gabe M. Wiener Music & Arts Library. Please make arrangements in advance of your visit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online access to this material is restricted to the Columbia University community and is made available as a temporary emergency measure during the COVID-19 health crisis. Use of this material may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the materials is solely responsible for assessing whether the material is copyright protected, whether their intended uses are fair or whether permission is required for their uses from the copyright owner. For more information about copyright, fair use and permissions, refer to Columbia University Library’s Copyright Advisory Services at https://copyright.columbia.edu.
Columbia University affiliates may log on for access to this content here.
- Shields, Alice, 1943- (Composer), Kugler, Richard (Singer), Moore, Ted (Cellist) (Instrumentalist), Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center, Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center Collection
- Black lake
- Collection Name:
- Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center Collection.
- Operas; Electronic music
- music; sound recordings
- Operas; Excerpts; Live sound recordings
- October 25, 1984
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (audio file (10 min., 13 sec.))
- Note (Funding):
- Digitization funded (in part) by a grant from the GRAMMY Museum®
- Digitized by Media Preserve, Cranberry Township, Pa., 2019.Files generated from digitization of audiotape reels: Preservation Master file - Broadcast WAV (96 kHz, 24 bit); Service copy - Broadcast WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit); Access file - MP3 (192 kbps).Streaming audio access is provided via encoded files created from the master archival audio files.Duration: 10:13Copy of cassetteOct. 25, 1984 Composers Concordance concert St. Stephen's Church, N.Y.CThe Black Lake is an excerpt from the composer's electronic opera, ShamanFor tenor, cello and tape.
- Note (Performers):
- Richard Kugler, tenor ; Ted Moore, cello.
- Library Location:
- Gabe M. Wiener Music & Arts Library, Columbia University
Browse Location’s Digital Content
- Catalog Record:
- Digital Project:
- Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center Collection
- Persistent URL: