The Carnegie Institute

 

Name
Carnegie Corporation of New York (Creator)
Title
The Carnegie Institute
Abstract
The Carnegie Institute, established as a public trust in 1895, originally comprised the Carnegie Library, Carnegie Museum of Art, Carnegie Museum of Natural History and Carnegie Music Hall. Andrew Carnegie's donations to Pittsburgh also included Carnegie Technical Schools, founded in 1900, now part of Carnegie Mellon University.
Collection Name
Carnegie Corporation of New York Records
Archival Context
Series VIII. Printed Material. VIII.A. CCNY Publications. Vol 57
Subjects
Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations; Libraries; Arts; Pittsburgh (Pa.); Carnegie Corporation of New York
Format
printed ephemera
Genre
printed ephemera
Origin Information
Pittsburgh (Pa.)
Date
[1895]
Note
The Carnegie Institute rendering
Language
English
Library Location
Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Columbia University
Browse Location’s Digital Content
Also In
Carnegie Centennial Exhibition
Persistent URL
https://dx.doi.org/10.7916/d8-y6nn-0h82