<oai_dc:dc xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/ http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd"><dc:identifier>doi:10.7916/d8-y6nn-0h82</dc:identifier><dc:title>The Carnegie Institute</dc:title><dc:format>printed ephemera</dc:format><dc:type>still image</dc:type><dc:subject>Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations</dc:subject><dc:subject>Libraries</dc:subject><dc:subject>Arts</dc:subject><dc:subject>Pittsburgh (Pa.)</dc:subject><dc:subject>Carnegie Corporation of New York</dc:subject><dc:description>The Carnegie Institute, established as a public trust in 1895, originally comprised the Carnegie Library, Carnegie Museum of Art, Carnegie Museum of Natural History and Carnegie Music Hall.   Andrew Carnegie's donations to Pittsburgh also included Carnegie Technical Schools, founded in 1900, now part of Carnegie Mellon University.</dc:description></oai_dc:dc>