This item is accessible in the reading room of the Rare Book & Manuscript Library. Please make arrangements in advance of your visit. Contact email@example.com.
Online access to this material is restricted to the Columbia University community and is made available as a temporary emergency measure during the COVID-19 health crisis. Use of this material may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the materials is solely responsible for assessing whether the material is copyright protected, whether their intended uses are fair or whether permission is required for their uses from the copyright owner. For more information about copyright, fair use and permissions, refer to Columbia University Library’s Copyright Advisory Services at https://copyright.columbia.edu.
Columbia University affiliates may log on for access to this content here.
- Rapoport, Eda, 1890-1968 (Performer,Composer), Gantvoort, Gretchen (Singer), Ippolito, Carmela (Performer)
- Composer's Forum
- Broadcast recorded at the 1939 World's Fair, New York Building
- Collection Name:
- Eda Rothstein Rapoport Papers
- Archival Context:
- Series III. Sound recordings. Box no. 12, Item no. Disks 82-88
- sound recordings; music
- Radio programs
- June 29, 1939
- Physical Description:
- 14 sound files (part 1: 00:04:19.8; part 2: 00:04:31.184; part 3: 00:01:27.997; part 4: 00:03:44.690; part 5; 00:04:42.810; part 6 00:04:30.216; part 7: 00:05:27.117; part 8: 00:04:14.837; part 9: 00:05:11.678; part 10: 00:04:38.632; part 11: ; part 12: 00:05:13.930; part 13: 00:05:06.413; part 14: 00:04:44.501)
- Part 1. Piano Sonata, part 1 / Eda Rapoport at the piano -- Part 2. Piano Sonata, part 2 -- Part 3. Piano Sonata, part 3 -- Part 4. Arioso / Carmela Ippolito, violinist. Eda Rapoport at the piano -- Part 5. Hebrew Legend / Carmela Ippolito, violinist -- Part 6. Berceuse / Carmela Ippolito, violinist. Eda Rapoport at the piano -- Part 7. Hebrew Impressions / Carmela Ippolito, violinist -- Part 8. Three Sonnets / Carmela Ippolito, violinist -- Part 9. "The Music Box" and "I Love Thee" / Gretchen Ganvoort, soprano -- Part 10. "The River" / Gretchen Ganvoort, soprano and "Cello Sonata, part 1" -- Part 11. Cello Sonata, part 2 -- Part 12. Cello Sonata, part 3 -- Part 13. Cello Sonata, part 4 -- Part 14. Cello Sonata, part 5
- Library Location:
- Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Columbia University
Browse Location’s Digital Content
- Digital Project:
- Time Based Media
- Copyright Status:
- In Copyright
- Persistent URL: