<oai_dc:dc xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/ http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd"><dc:identifier>doi:10.7916/d8-q8yy-zk27</dc:identifier><dc:title>Notice of Agreement between Carnegie Corporation of New York and the Community Service Society</dc:title><dc:format>legal documents</dc:format><dc:type>text</dc:type><dc:subject>Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations</dc:subject><dc:subject>Carnegie Corporation of New York</dc:subject><dc:description>In January 1949 Charles Dollard, president of the Carnegie Corporation, announced that the  house and garden would be transferred to the New York School of Social Work through its parent organization, the Community Service Society. The roots of the New York School of Social Work trace to 1898 as a summer course offered by  the New York Charity Organization Society.  Six years later it was transformed into a graduate program, originally named the New York School of Philanthropy.  The name was changed to the New York School of Social Work in 1917.</dc:description></oai_dc:dc>