<oai_dc:dc xmlns:oai_dc="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc/ http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/oai_dc.xsd"><dc:identifier>doi:10.7916/d8-xm3q-xr88</dc:identifier><dc:title>Photographic Copper Plate of the Carnegie Mansion</dc:title><dc:format>photographs</dc:format><dc:type>still image</dc:type><dc:subject>Carnegie Mansion (New York, N.Y.)</dc:subject><dc:subject>New York (N.Y.)</dc:subject><dc:subject>Carnegie, Andrew, 1835-1919</dc:subject><dc:description>Andrew Carnegie's first residence was in the St. Nicholas hotel near City Hall park; then he moved to the Windsor Hotel at Fifth Avenue and 46th  Street, and after his marriage in 1887 moved again to 5 West 51st  Street. In 1898 he purchased land on Fifth Avenue and 90th Street, further north than most mansions, and asked his architects Babb, Cook &amp; Willard for the "most modest, plainest, and most roomy house in New York."  It was also the first American residence to have a steel frame and among the first to have a private Otis Elevator and central heating.  The Carnegies moved into their new home  in 1903.</dc:description></oai_dc:dc>