Residence for Winthrop B. Fay, Esq. Pasadena, Cal
1 1/2 inch scale details of parlor bay and seat\, and F.S. details of parlor seat -- line showing curve on end of parlor seat\, F.S.D. of end of arm of parlor seat\, F.S. details of parlor seat moulds (all of slelcted kiln dried quartered white oak)\, F.S. detail of turned legs\, elevation of seat\, half plan of parlor bay : No. 17b.
1/2 inch scale details of pantries -- plan of butler's pantry\, elevation of west side\, elevation of north side\, elevation of east side; plan of kitchen pantry\, part elevation of west side showing finish around alcove\, elevation of north side\, elevation of east side\, elevation of south side : 35.
Inch scale details of linen and medicine closets and cases of drawers -- medicine closet in elevation and section\, linen closet in elevation and section\, cases of drawers in elevation of cases in closets opening into S.E. bedroom\, section (same section for both elevation)\, and elevation of case in closet opening into S.W. bedroom (same detail for case in closet opening into N.E. bedroom) : No. 45a.
Details of bookcases and stereo relief in library -- elevation with section through seat\, section through desk & cupboard\, elevation of front of seat\, plan of bookcases\, reflected ceiling plan of centre piece of stereo relief; details of mantel in southwest bedroom -- front elevation\, side elevation\, plan : 11.
- Greene & Greene
- Greene, Charles Sumner, 1868-1957
- Greene, Henry Mather, 1870-1954
- Fay, Winthrop B
- Residence for Winthrop B. Fay, Esq. Pasadena, Cal
- Collection Name
- Greene & Greene architectural drawings, papers and photographs
- Houses; Bays (building divisions); Architecture--United States
- site plans; Detail drawings; Sketches; Architectural drawings; Reflected ceiling plans; Orthographic drawings; Framing portrait; Ink drawings; Pencil drawings; Watercolor wash drawings; Designs and plans
- Origin Information
- Physical Description
- 31 sheets : various media ; 77.5 x 77 cm (30 1/2 x 30 1/4 in.) or smaller
- Scale varies.
- Bracketed title elements supplied by cataloger or taken from inventory.
- Forms part of the Greene & Greene collection of architectural drawings; job no. 28.
- Some of the drawings contain signatures -- "M.S. Plant, James P. Dawson, W.B. Fay (owner)".
- This set consists of 10 ink drawings on cloth with pencil markings and also with watercolor wash applied to the verso, 5 pencil drawings on paper, 3 ink drawings with pencil markings on cloth, 4 ink and watercolor wash drawings on tracing paper, 2 pen cil and watercolor wash drawings on paper, 2 pencil drawings on tracing paper, 2 ink and watercolor wash drawings with pencil markings on tracing paper, 2 ink drawings on tracing paper, 2 ink and pencil drawings on paper, 1 ink drawing with pencil markings and also with watercolor wash applied to the verso on tracing paper, and 1 ink and watercolor wash drawing on cloth.
- Library Location
- Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, Columbia University
Browse Location’s Digital Content
- Catalog Record
- Also In
- Greene & Greene architectural records and papers collection, ca. 1896-ca. 1963
- Persistent URL