bad values for date range bounds: start_of_range = 1901 end_of_range = 1897 ×

Search Results Header

Search Constraints

Showing results for: Name Brooklyn Museum Remove constraint Name: Brooklyn Museum

Search Results

Page No. 001 - Design of th...

1. Page No. 001 - Design of the museum of the institute and first floor plan of the Brooklyn Institute Museum of Arts and Sciences. Part now erected is shaded portion at the bottom

McKim, Mead & White
  • Name: McKim, Mead & White (Architect)
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: February 27, 1909
Page No. 001 - Original des...

2. Page No. 001 - Original design of the museum of the Institute

McKim, Mead & White
  • Name: McKim, Mead & White (Architect)
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: December 5, 1908
Page No. 003 - The first se...

3. Page No. 003 - The first section of the museum, February 11, 1896

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: March 6, 1909
Page No. 003 - The first se...

4. Page No. 003 - The first section of the museum, May 30, 1896

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: May 30, 1896
Page No. 004 - View of the ...

5. Page No. 004 - View of the first section of the Institute Museum as it appeared from 1897 until 1901 taken from the water tower. Eastern Parkway at the left of the Picture. Part of Reservoir in the Foreground

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: March 13, 1909
Page No. 005 - The Museum o...

6. Page No. 005 - The Museum of the Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences. Eastern Parkway, 1908

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: January 15, 1910
Page No. 007 - The central ...

7. Page No. 007 - The central portico of the Institute Museum. From the original design of Messrs. McKim, Mead and White, a copy of which is hanging on the wall of the central staircase of the Museum, main floor

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: December 12, 1908
Page No. 007 - The first se...

8. Page No. 007 - The first section of the museum as it appeared from June 2, 1897, until June 6, 1901. (North façade 191 ft., west façade 68 ft.)

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: Between June 2, 1897 and June 6, 190
Page No. 009 - Central pavi...

9. Page No. 009 - Central pavilion, front portico and front steps of the central museum of the Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences (from photograph taken in 1908)

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: October 30, 1909
Page No. 009 - The western ...

10. Page No. 009 - The western wing of the Institute Museum, showing fifteen monolithic sculptures placed in position between August 20th and September 11, 1909

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: circa 1909
Page No. 011 - The vestibul...

12. Page No. 011 - The vestibule in the central pavilion of the Museum of the Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: undated (circa 1893-1910)
Page No. 013 - Hall of cast...

13. Page No. 013 - Hall of casts in the Greek and Roman quadrant of the Institute Museum (1898-1905). Floor area 38 x 110 feet, height 26 feet

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: March 27, 1909
Page No. 013 - The dome roo...

14. Page No. 013 - The dome room, third floor, Institute Central Museum. To contain collections illustrating the Italian Renaissance

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: December 11, 1909
Page No. 015 - The square g...

15. Page No. 015 - The square gallery for paintings in the first museum section (1898-99)

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: April 17, 1909
Page No. 015 - View looking...

16. Page No. 015 - View looking West in the larger gallery of paintings in the first museum section in 1899. Size 38' x 110', height 22'. (Two other galleries in the distance.)

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: circa 1899
Page No. 017 - Original des...

17. Page No. 017 - Original design of the Museum of the Brooklyn Institute of Arts and Sciences. Article on "The Museum Sculptures

McKim, Mead & White
  • Name: McKim, Mead & White (Architect)
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: October 3, 1908
Page No. 017 - The Museum S...

18. Page No. 017 - The Museum Sculptures (II)

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: October 10, 1908
Page No. 019 - The Museum S...

19. Page No. 019 - The Museum Sculptures (III)

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: October 17, 1908
Page No. 019 - The Museum S...

20. Page No. 019 - The Museum Sculptures (IV)

McKim, Mead & White
  • Collection Name: [Photographic views of works by McKim, Mead & White : from the library of James K. Smith, last surviving partner of the firm, bequeathed to Amherst College : gift of Amherst College Library]
  • Date: Ocotber 24, 1908