Miss Dorothy B. Stratton, her memory book : very personal!
Miss Dorothy B. Stratton, her memory book : very personal!
Due to copyright, contractual or privacy restrictions, this item is not available online.
- Miss Dorothy B. Stratton, her memory book : very personal!
- Alternative Titles:
- Hudson-Fulton celebration 1609, 1807, 1909 : banquet in honor of the guest of the Hudson-Fulton Celebration Commission of the State of New York, at the Hotel Astor on Wednesday, the twenty-ninth of September, one thousand nine hundred and nine
- Stratton, Dorothy B., 1889-1945, Jackson, Ernie, Bennett, James Gordon, 1841-1918, and Princeton University. Triangle Club
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. (unpaged) : ill., photographs, ports. ; 32 x 38 cm.
- Marriage > New York (State) > New York > 20th century., Theater > New York (State) > New York > 20th century., Hudson-Fulton Celebration, 1909., Journalists > United States > Correspondence., New York (N.Y.) > Social life and customs > 20th century., Cleveland (Ohio) > Pictorial works., Atlantic City (N.J.) > Pictorial works., Europe > Social life and customs > 20th century > Sources., Stratton, Dorothy B., 1889-1945., Hearst, William Randolph, 1863-1951., Stratton, Dorothy B., Bennett, James Gordon, 1841-1918 Correspondence., Delta Kappa Epsilon. Gamma Beta Chapter (Columbia University), Hawthorne School (New York, N.Y.), New York herald (New York, N.Y. : 1840)
- Comprises telegrams, newspaper and other clippings, birth announcements, wedding announcements, Christmas cards, Valentine's Day cards, new year's greetings, birthday greetings, calling cards, a bouquet (press and dried out) wrapped in purple cloth, pressed flowers, letters, collages, postcards, photographs, dance cards, advertisements, theater tickets (loose and pasted down), programs (chiefly theater programs and commencement programs), invitations (to dances, commencements, lectures and card games), ribbons, a portrait of Dorothy Stratton in watercolor and signed C.B.; other watercolors, or printed ephemera heighted with watercolor, Includes program to the Princeton Cornell football game held at the Polo Ground, 1906; program for "The Mummy Monarch, given by the Triangle Club, Princeton University, 1907; a tags from various florists in New York; dance card for the Yale Columbia dance, junior prom week, Wednesday Feb. 6, 1907; postcards from Cleveland, Atlantic City, Pompeii and other places in Europe; poems, typed, printed or manuscript; materials from the Gamma Beta Chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon; banquet menu for Hudson-Fulton celebration : 1609, 1807, 1909; Naval reception to foreign guests on the grounds of Columbia University with the sanction of the Hudson-Fulton Celebration Commission; Seating arrangement of The Hudson-Fulton Celebration banquet Hotel Astor, New York September twenty-ninth nineteen hundred and nine (35 p. 21 cm.); program "Hudson-Fulton Celebration official reception of its guests ... Metropolitan Opera House ... ; dance card for Miss Hazard's series of dances ... held at Leslie Hall 260 West 83rd Street; price list Siegler Brothers Wine and Whiskey House 489 Columbus Avenue; materials relating to the Gamma Beta Chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon (located at 608 West 113th Street), the Halsted School, Detroit Home and Day School, and Hawthorne School, 250 West 72nd Street. Among the calling cards are those of Mr. and Mrs. William Randolph Hearst, Among the topics most often found in the scrapbook the theater in New York (many programs are accompanied by quick notes, who was there, the date of attendance and Stratton's opinion of what they saw, and marriage, from a card showing a newly wed couple surrounded by her former swains with the caption "Never a rose without thorns", to numerous wedding announcements and invitations, Includes a postcard of Cleveland, Ohio (from Superion Street looking east) and one of Atlantic City, N.J, Avery Classics copy: Signed in pencil "Ernie Jackson" on title page, Avery Classics copy: Seymour B. Durst Old York Library Collection, Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, Columbia University, Calling card has "Dorothy Beatrice Stratton"; address 117 West 88th St. appears twice; 117 West 86th Street appears once, Comprises telegrams, newspaper and other clippings, calling cards, Christmas cards, a bouquet (now dried), postcards, theater programs, photographs, a card with the coat of arms of Halifax, Canada, wedding invitations, birth announcements, transit ticket, envelope (mounted) containing 43 unmounted photographs (some mutilated), an envelope containing one unmounted photograph and an advertisement for W. W. St. John Co. tobacconists, business cards, Includes telegram announcing the birth of Stratton Wynkoop (1906-1994); program on Eleanor Robson in "Nurse Marjorie", an announcement "Wanted! one thousan me to attend the meeting for men only, Sunday Nov. 12, 4 p. m. Salem Baptist Church", material relating to Viola Allen in "Cymbelene", program and photograph of Eleanor Robsen in "A tenement tragedy", "Mr. Forbes-Robertson, Miss Gertrude Elliott in "Cæsar and Cleopatra", Eleanor Robson in "The girl who has everything", Richard Carle in "The spring chicken", clippings relating to "The ed mill", a dance card from "Mrs. Hazard's series of dances Leslie Hall, 260 West 83rd Street, material relating to "Brewster's Millions" and "The Belle of Mayfair", "The Stolen Story", "Clarice", "The Aero Club", "All-of-a-Sudden Peggy", "The Lion and the Mouse", "On Parole", Grace George in "Clothes", program of, and newspaper clipping about the football game between Princeton and Cornell held in 1906 at the Polo Grounds, "The Belle of Mayfair", "The Man of the Hour", tickets to the Berkeley Lyceum Theater (loose) and one to the Colonial Theater (pasted down), a tag from the Boulevard Floral Co., Eleanor Robson in "Salomy Jane", program from "The Rich Mr. Hoggenheimer", and "The Little Michus", "The Tatooed Man", "Divorçons", "The White Hen", dance card for the Yale Columbia dance, junior prom week, Wednesday Feb. 6, 1907, program students' matinee Stanhope Wheatcroft Dramatic School, April 11, 1907 with plan of The Casino Theater on back page, Ethel Barrymore in "Captain Jinks", Eleanor Robson in "Merely Mary Ann", "The Land of Nod", "The White Hen", "The Boys of Company 'B'", "The Chorus Lady", "The Hurdy-Gurdy Girl, "The Dairymaids", a ticket for the IRT (Interborough Rapid Transit), program for "The Mummy Monarch" presented by The Triangle Club, Princeton University, 1907, invitation to the commencement exercises of the Halsted School, 1907, and of the Detroit Home and Day School, invitation to class day Arcadia Seminary, 1907, material abount commencement exercises etc. of the Hawthorne School 250 West Seventy-Second Street, business card for Harry Thomkins3' [sic] tennis courts, and What kisses cost" A modern fairy tale" marriage "An Address to my True Love"
- Catalog Record:
- check availability