[Theatical contract for Theodora] : [manuscript]
- [Theatical contract for Theodora] : [manuscript]
- Alternative Titles:
- Know all men by these presents that I James Gordon Bennett of New York in the United States of America
- Bennett, James Gordon, 1841-1918
Wallack, Lester, 1820-1888
Sardou, Victorien, 1831-1908
- New York 1885 March 9
- Physical Description:
- 2 sheets ( p.) ; 19 x 16 cm.
- Copyright licenses > United States > Specimens.
Copyright > Performing rights > United States > Specimens.
Copyright > Transfer > Specimens.
Bills of sale > United States > Forms.
Sardou, Victorien, 1831-1908. Théodora.
- Manuscript contract transfering all of James Gordon Bennett's rights and title to the play Theodora by Victorien Sardou for performance and publication in the United States to Lester Wallack, for $1.00. Signed and sealed by James Gordon Bennett, March 9, 1885. Attestation beneath, unsigned. Bennett was the proprietor of the Theatre Port Saint Martin in Paris, at which the play was first produced
- Title devised by cataloger
Second sheet is a cover sheet attached by a red ribbon
Annotation on cover sheet: "The said Wallack may present & produce the said play under any other name that he may select."
Accompanied by an extract from a sale catalog in which the manuscript was listed
- Catalog Record:
- check availability