7. A brief account of the proceedings of the committee : appointed in the year 1795 by the yearly meeting of Friends of Pennsylvania, New-Jersey, &c. for promoting the improvement and gradual civilization of the Indian natives
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
11. Chronological list of engagements between the regular army of the United States and various tribes of hostile Indians which occurred during the years 1790 to 1898, inclusive
Webb, George Washington, 1856-1938
Beauchamp, William Martin, 1830-1925
14. Documents and proceedings relating to the formation and progress of a Board in the city of New York : for the emigration, preservation, and improvement, of the aborigines of America : July 22, 1829
Indian Board, for the Emigration, Preservation, and Improvement of the Aborigines of America
17. Excursions in North America : described in letters from a gentleman and his young companion, to their friends in England
Wakefield, Priscilla, 1751-1832
20. The generall historie of Virginia, New-England, and the Summer Isles; with the names of the adventurers, planters, and governours from their first beginning an ⁰ : 1584. to this present 1624. With the proceedings of those severall colonies and the accidents that befell them in all their journeys and discoveries. Also the maps and descriptions of all those countryes, their commodities, people, government, customes, and religion yet knowne. Divided into sixe bookes
Smith, John, 1580-1631
21. A history of New York, from the beginning of the world to the end of the Dutch dynasty ... ; A tour of the prairies
Irving, Washington, 1783-1859
22. History of the Indian tribes of Hudson's River : their origin, manners and customs, tribal and sub-tribal organizations, wars, treaties, etc., etc
Ruttenber, Edward Manning, 1825-1907
Search Other Sources for: "Indians of North America"
Try your search in one of these related resources. (Search results will display in a new window.)
Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
A comprehensive listing of journal articles published worldwide on architecture and design, archaeology, city planning, interior design, landscape architecture, and historic preservation.
Brooklyn Historical Society Photography Collection
Search for individual photographs. Approximately 5,000 of our images are currently available online, but more images are added regularly.
Brooklyn Public Library: Historic Brooklyn Photographs
Selection of more than ten thousand historic photographs from the Brooklyn Collection.
CLIO: Columbia Libraries Catalog
Search for books, articles, journals, online resources and more.
DLC: Columbia Libraries Digital Collections
A gateway to digital projects and online exhibitions that have been published on the web by Columbia University Libraries/Information Services (CUL/IS).
- Museum of the City of New York
Over 150,000 images and objects from the collections of the Museum of the City of New York.
Note: to come.
New York Historical Society
Digital images from the library and museum collections.
NYPL Digital Collections
Provides free and open access to over 800,000 images digitized from the The New York Public Library's vast collections.