New York City Anti-Slavery Society
New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
9. Humbugs of New-York: being a remonstrance against popular delusion; whether in science, philosophy, or religion
Reese, David Meredith, 1800-1861
13. Letter from the Secretary of the Treasury, transmitting a statement of the valuations of lands, lots, and dwelling houses, and of slaves, in the several states, made under the Act of the 22d of July, 1813
United States. Department of the Treasury
14. Modern "democracy," the ally of slavery. Speech of Hon. M.W. Tappan, of New Hampshire, in the House of Representatives, July 29, 1856
Tappan, Mason W. 1817-1886
15. Much in little : comprising a history of the charters, governments, and relations of the colonies : the origin and history of political parties, and the institution of American slavery : also, a miscellaneous department, containing historical items, interesting and useful, together with manias, superstitions, speculations, and curiousities of literature
16. No property in man : speech of Hon. Charles Sumner, on the proposed amendment of the Constitution abolishing slavery through the United States
Sumner, Charles, 1811-1874
18. Official report of the Great Union Meeting, held at the Academy of Music, New York, December 19th, 1859. Published by order of the Committee of Arrangements
Great Union Meeting New York, N.Y.) (1859
19. Report of the Board of Managers of the Free Produce Association of Friends, of New-York yearly meeting. : 1852
Free Produce Association of Friends, of New-York Yearly Meeting
20. Report of the Lemmon slave case : containing points and arguments of counsel on both sides, and opinions of all the judges
New York (State). Court of Appeals
Heinzen, Karl, 1809-1880
Peabody, Ephraim, 1807-1856
Search Other Sources for: "Slavery"
Try your search in one of these related resources. (Search results will display in a new window.)
Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
A comprehensive listing of journal articles published worldwide on architecture and design, archaeology, city planning, interior design, landscape architecture, and historic preservation.
Brooklyn Historical Society Photography Collection
Search for individual photographs. Approximately 5,000 of our images are currently available online, but more images are added regularly.
Brooklyn Public Library: Historic Brooklyn Photographs
Selection of more than ten thousand historic photographs from the Brooklyn Collection.
CLIO: Columbia Libraries Catalog
Search for books, articles, journals, online resources and more.
DLC: Columbia Libraries Digital Collections
A gateway to digital projects and online exhibitions that have been published on the web by Columbia University Libraries/Information Services (CUL/IS).
- Museum of the City of New York
Over 150,000 images and objects from the collections of the Museum of the City of New York.
Note: to come.
New York Historical Society
Digital images from the library and museum collections.
NYPL Digital Collections
Provides free and open access to over 800,000 images digitized from the The New York Public Library's vast collections.