This item is accessible in the reading room of the Rare Book & Manuscript Library. Please make arrangements in advance of your visit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online access to this material is restricted to the Columbia University community and is made available as a temporary emergency measure during the COVID-19 health crisis. Use of this material may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the materials is solely responsible for assessing whether the material is copyright protected, whether their intended uses are fair or whether permission is required for their uses from the copyright owner. For more information about copyright, fair use and permissions, refer to Columbia University Library’s Copyright Advisory Services at https://copyright.columbia.edu.
Columbia University affiliates may log on for access to this content here.
- Fass, Bob, 1933- (Host), Ginsberg, Allen, 1926-1997 (Interviewee), Genet, Jean, 1910-1986 (Interviewee)
- Fass covers a Black Panther/Yippie gathering in Chicago during Lyndon B. Johnson's presidency (1963-1969). Events surround August 29, 1968. While not mentioned directly, these are likely the protests of the Democratic Convention of 1968, which occurred August 26-29, 1968. Fass has a conversation with Jerry Rubin about the gathering. Bobby Seale and Ted Kennedy are mentioned. Allen Ginsberg and Jean Genet are interviewed. Police break up a religious gathering in Lincoln park. Various interviews with other gathering participants. The Beatles "Revolution" plays.
- Collection Name:
- Bob Fass papers, circa 1960-2011
- Archival Context:
- Series V: Unidentified Recordings, 1958-1972, undated. Box no. Box 17, Unknown Box 19
- Demonstrations; Chicago (Ill.); Black Panther Party; Youth International Party; Democratic National Convention (1968 : Chicago, Ill.)
- sound recordings
- Radio news programs
- Place of Origin:
- New York (N.Y.)?
- approximately 1958-1972
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio file (31 minutes)
- Original format: 1/4" open-reel audioSize: 7" reelBase material: Acetate
- Note (Title note):
- Title devised from content summary
- Note (Bf number):
- Library Location:
- Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Columbia University
Browse Location’s Digital Content
- Digital Project:
- Time Based Media
- Copyright Status:
- In Copyright
- Persistent URL: