This item is accessible in the reading room of the Gabe M. Wiener Music & Arts Library. Please make arrangements in advance of your visit. Contact email@example.com.
Online access to this material is restricted to the Columbia University community and is made available as a temporary emergency measure during the COVID-19 health crisis. Use of this material may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the materials is solely responsible for assessing whether the material is copyright protected, whether their intended uses are fair or whether permission is required for their uses from the copyright owner. For more information about copyright, fair use and permissions, refer to Columbia University Library’s Copyright Advisory Services at https://copyright.columbia.edu.
Columbia University affiliates may log on for access to this content here.
- Lockwood, Normand, 1906-2002, Lockwood, Dorothy, Luening, Otto, 1900-1996, MacKaye, Percy, 1875-1956, Ditson Fund Recordings Archive, Columbia University Orchestra
- Collection Name:
- Ditson Fund Recordings Archive.
- Operas; Live sound recordings
- music; sound recordings
- music; sound recordings
- May 9-12, 1945
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (7 audio files : 292, 173, 293, 273, 283, 124, 225 mb)
- Note (Funding):
- Grammy Foundation Archiving & Preservation Grant
- Opera in 2 acts, 5 scenes.Title from CD-ROM container-insert as transcribed from the original item.Libretto byDorothy Lockwood, adapted from the stage play, The scarecrow, by Percy MacKaye.The opera's 2 acts are distributed across files as follows: Act 1, scene 1 (beginning): CD-ROM 1 (DIT.034.01b); Act 1, scene 1 (conclusion): CD-ROM 2 (DIT.034.02a) -- Act 1, scene 2: CD-ROM 1 (DIT.034.01a) -- Act 1, scene 3: CD-ROM 2 (DIT.034.02b) -- Act 2, scene 1-2 (beginning): CD ROM 3 (DIT 034:03a) -- Act 2, scene 2 (continued): CD-ROM 4 (DIT 034:04a) -- Act 2, scene 2 (conclusion): CD-ROM 3 (DIT 034:03b).Originally recorded under the auspices of The Alice M. Ditson Fund of Columbia University.Forms part of: Ditson Fund Recordings Archive.Digitization the original sound recording (4 sound discs : analog, mono. ; 16 in.)File numbers: DIT.034.01a-b; DIT.034.02a-b; DIT.034.03a-b; DIT.034.04a.Related CD identification no.: 617521127210 (CD-ROM 1), 617521127211 (CD-ROM 2), 617521127213 (CD-ROM 3), 617521127214 (CD-ROM 4)Recorded live: Brander Matthews Hall, Columbia University during one of the performances given May 9-12, 1945
- Note (Performers):
- Presented by the Columbia Theater Associates of Columbia University in co-operation with the Columbia University Departement of Music. Vocal soloists listed in accompanying program ; members of the Columbia University Orchestra ; Otto Luening, musical director.
- Library Location:
- Gabe M. Wiener Music & Arts Library, Columbia University
Browse Location’s Digital Content
- Catalog Record:
- Digital Project:
- Time Based Media
- Persistent URL: