[Checks, 1830 January 25] : [manuscript]
- [Checks, 1830 January 25] : [manuscript]
- Smith, Geo. B
Astor, John Jacob, 1763-1848
New York (N.Y.). Street Department
New York (N.Y.). Mayor
- New York 1830 Jan. 25
- Physical Description:
- 2 sheets ( p.) ; 9 x 21 cm.
- Government purchasing of real property > New York (State) > New York > History > Sources.
Fourteenth Street (Manhattan, New York, N.Y.) > History > Sources.
Seventh Avenue (Manhattan, New York, N.Y.) > History > Sources.
Astor, John Jacob, 1763-1848 Finance, Personal Sources.
New York (N.Y.). Street Department Appropriations and expenditures Sources.
- Two manuscript checks, dated Jan. 25, 1830, payable to John Jacob Astor; signed by Geo. B. Smith, assessor, and in his hand. Drafted in the amounts of $1296.37 and $517.00, awarded to Astor for opening 7th Avenue from Greenwich Lane to 21st Street, and for opening 14th Street from the Bowery to the Hudson River, respectively. Endorsed by Astor on verso, and numbered 1664 and 1658
- Title devised by cataloger
- Catalog Record:
- check availability