That liberty shall not perish from the earth buy liberty bonds : fourth liberty loan
- That liberty shall not perish from the earth buy liberty bonds : fourth liberty loan
- Pennell, Joseph, 1857-1926
United States. Department of the Treasury., Publicity Bureau
- Washington, D.C : U.S. Dept. of the Treasury, 1918]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print (poster) : halftone ; 84 x 56 cm.
- World War, 1914-1918 > Finance > Posters.
World War, 1914-1918 > Economic aspects > United States > Posters.
Liberty bonds > United States > Posters.
Statue of Liberty (New York, N.Y.) in art.
Statue of Liberty National Monument (N.Y. and N.J.)
- The poster depicts an imaginary scene of airplanes flying above a partially destroyed Statue of Liberty and New York City in flames. Joseph Pennell del. is printed flush left under the dark red image and above the text, and Alco-Gravure, Inc., N.Y. is printed flush right under the image
- Listed in Monthly catalog of United States government publications, Sept. 1918, p. 149, as issued by the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury, Publicity Bureau
Avery Classics copy: Seymour B. Durst Old York Library Collection, Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, Columbia University
- Catalog Record:
- check availability