A part of Roggeveen's map of New Netherland, Amsterdam, 1676
- 40.7493360 ,-73.9356170
- A part of Roggeveen's map of New Netherland, Amsterdam, 1676
- Alternative Titles:
- Nieuw Nederlandt
- Roggeveen, Arent, -1679
Bowen & Co
- Philad[elphi]a : Bowen & Co, [19--]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : facsim. ; 19 x 35 cm., on sheet 21 x 37 cm.
- Nautical charts > Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.) > Early works to 1800.
New Jersey > Maps > Early works to 1800.
Pennsylvania > Maps > Early works to 1800.
Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.) > Maps > Early works to 1800.
- Facsimile reprint of part of a 1676 map of the North American coast, showing the New Jersey Coast and the Delaware River. Depths and navigational hazards are shown, as are the locations of fortifications
- Depths shown by soundings
Title in English, map in Dutch
Originally published: Amsterdam : Arent Roggeveen, 1676, as a part of his Brandende veen
Oriented with north to right
Avery Classics copy: Letter from J. Franklin Jameson, General Editor at the American Historical Association, to J.H. Innes pasted onto map verso
Avery Classics copy: Photographic copy of sketched map drawn by an early commander at New Amsterdam pasted onto map verso
Avery Classics copy: Seymour B. Durst Old York Library Collection, Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, Columbia University