- [Checks, [manuscript]
- New York (N.Y.). Common Council
Phoenix, Daniel, 1742-1812
Benson, Robert, 1739-1823
Varick, Richard, 1753-1831
New York (N.Y.). Mayor
- New York 1793-1799
- Physical Description:
- 7 items ; 14 x 22 cm or smaller
- Public utilities > New York (State) > New York > Finance > History > Sources.
Finance, Public > New York (State) > New York > History > Sources.
New York (N.Y.) > Appropriations and expenditures > History > Sources.
- 1793 July 29, to Lazalier & Williamson, £7 8s 3d, from the pump fund for repairs to public pumps -- 1793 Sept. 30, to Edward Day, £27 3s 7d, from the city contingency fund for making two cisterns at the City Hall -- 1793 Oct. 11, to Alsop & Hicks, £9 1s, from the lamp fund, for lamp oil; an attached note indicates that the Common Council directs that no more whale oil be purchased for the lamps -- 1794 April 1, to Robert Valentine, £12 7s 2d, from the street fund for carpenters work and materials at Broad Street common sewer -- 1794 Apr 1, to Latham Bunker, £192 4s, from the lamp fund for lamp oil, and to Willson Rawson £617 3s 4d, from the lamp fund for lamp oil -- 1799 Aug 19, to the street commissioners, £20 14s for expenses of the jury assessing lands taken for a new road in Harlem -- 1799 Sept. 2, to Alexander Phoenix, £3 12s, for travel expenses to Harlem to pay proprietors for land taken for the new road.
- Collection of 8 manuscript checks on 7 sheets to various payees, chiefly for public utilities expenses; directed to Daniel Phoenix, the Treasurer, by order of the Common Council, and signed by Richard Varick, Mayor, and Robert Benson, Clerk; endorsed by payee on verso
- Title devised by cataloger
- Catalog Record:
- check availability